Thursday, October 9, 2008

Free Apple iPhone Downloads

Chances are good you've heard of Apple's innovative new mobile phone, the iPhone. Some of you guys might even have been lucky enough to get your hands on one. That's awesome, they're really cool phones...but where are all the awesome iPhone downloads? Where are the hottest songs as ringtones, and all your favorite videos? Sure you can use iTunes, but wouldn't you like something better?Not to talk smack about iTunes, but there are some seriously attractive alternate sources for downloads. iTunes isn't exactly what one would consider cheap...I mean, a dollar per SONG? That seems just a LITTLE excessive to me.When I finally manage to save up the money for an iPhone, I plan on loading it with all my favorite music and videos...and to be honest, paying 99 cents a song to fill up 8 gigs just doesn't look happy to me. I mean, it's like burning money when you know you'll get bored of your music eventually.You show me a download-powered portable audio player, and I'll show you an expensive habit. Being a 19 year-old college kid myself which makes me the iPhone's target customer, I think I can reasonably state for most of us that having to shell out a Jackson every couple weeks doesn't exactly fit into a college budget. I mean, the phone itself is $600, so who has the money to waste on endless downloads?Well, what would you think if I let you in on a little secret Apple doesn't want you to know? What if I told you that you don't have to pay ridiculous sums of money to get your downloads from iTunes, and that there was another place to get your downloads for a LOT cheaper?I'm guessing I'd have to get some new shoes to replace the ones you're drooling on. Great, that's coming out of my clothing budget.But yeah, anyways. There's a service that's a lot like the paid version of Limewire, specifically built towards iPhone downloads. A one-time fee that's ultimately less than what it would take to fill your iPhone up ONCE, and it allows for a lifetime of unlimited downloads. And I'm not just talking about music here. They've got movies, TV shows, even eBooks in their database. It's a decentralized p2p system too, so they're not going to get shut down like the infamous Napster incident.Oh, dude...don't tell me you're drooling on my NEW shoes. Quit it! Here, roll your tongue back up into your mouth and go check out this site over at Hubpages. It's got a bunch more info for you about the finer points, as well as a link to the official site if you decide you'd like to save some money.

No comments: